Bondu Log Homes have been on the market since 1973 and have proven their high efficiency wall system over the years.
We at www.TrappeurHomes.com took it a step further and added a 1.5 inch thick Wood Fibre Board Panel between the log wall and the interior 2″x4″ insulated wall.
Here are the benefits of the Wood Fibre Board:
- Avoids thermal bridging between the outer log wall and the inner framed wall by acting as a complete thermal break between the two
- Open to vapour diffusion (will not trap moisture)
- Works as a windproof layer (replacing the building wrap).
To create a continuous seal, the boards come with T&G edges.
- Offers a great thermal insulation value and excellent heat storage capacity helping to protect the building from overheating during hot summer days.
- Water resistant yet can absorb 10% of its own weight in water vapour.
- 100% recycled and recyclable materials (wood fibre, starch and wax).
Wood Fibre Board is not for the exterior wall but is also ideal for :
- Interior walls – sound proofing
- Roof sheeting – thermal break and extra insulation
- Floor underlay – extra insulation and sound proofing
- Renovations – added insulation, windstop and sound proofing.
Overall, this Premium Wood Fibre Board is:
A higher efficiency than standard plywood walls means lower heat loss. Ultimately, this means more money in your wallet year after year.
Wood fiberboard panels have a high heat storage capability and excellent thermal insulation properties.
All our products are made with 100% recycled and recyclable products that are natural and non-toxic.
For more information about the Fibre board, visit
or you can also order the fibre board through us at build@TrappeurHomes.com